It’s that time of the year again. The leaves are falling, the temperatures are dropping, and a fresh installment of Call of Duty is right around the corner. This signifies the commencement of preparations for another round of CoD beta action.
The Modern Warfare 3 beta will kick off initially on PlayStation but will eventually be accessible on all gaming platforms. However, before you can dive into the action, you’ll require a special code to gain early access, preceding the beta’s general availability.
If you happen to secure a MW3 beta code, whether through a retailer’s pre-order or via a giveaway or a friend, the next step is code redemption. Once you’ve successfully redeemed the code, you’ll receive another code tailored for the gaming platform of your choice, ensuring that you’re all set to jump in as soon as the servers go live.
Redeeming an MW3 beta code is a straightforward process. Here’s how you can do it:
- Log in to your Activision account. If you don’t have one yet, you can create an account on their website.
- Visit the Redeem Code page on Activision’s website.
- Input the code provided to you by the retailer where you pre-ordered the game. This code can typically be found on a physical receipt or sent to your email address.
- After entering the code, you will receive a platform-specific code. You must then enter this code in your respective platform’s store (PlayStation, Xbox, Battle.net, or Steam).
- Soon enough, the beta will appear in the games section of your chosen gaming platform.
Now, let’s take a look at the key dates and times for the MW3 beta:
- October 6 and 7: Early access on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4
- October 8 to 10: Open beta on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4
- October 12 and 13: Early access on Xbox and PC, alongside PlayStation open beta
- October 14 to 16: Open beta available on all gaming platforms
Once you’ve downloaded the beta, make the most of your gaming experience while it lasts, as the servers will go offline in anticipation of MW3’s official launch on November 10th.
What to Expect in the Modern Warfare 3 Beta: Whether you’re enjoying early access on PlayStation or participating in the open beta on other platforms during the second half of the latter weekend, here’s what we know about the beta:
- Four maps (Favela, Estate, Rust, Skidrow) will be available during the first weekend, with a fifth map (Highrise) joining the rotation on the second weekend starting from October 12.
- Cross-play functionality will be enabled across all platforms during the second weekend.
- Progress made during the beta will not carry over to the full game, except for PlayStation users, whose progress will carry over from one beta weekend to the next.